Virginia over at Kiss Chronicles celebrated 11/11/11 with 11 positive actions and liked it so much she decided to celebrate 12/12 with 12 positive actions. She invited other bloggers to join her, so I did!
Disclaimer: I had a sick child at home (along with a full day’s work to do), so I was confined to my house and laptop. Here is what I managed to do:
- Took care of sick 7-year-old, including major spoiling, coddling and indulging. This might not get me any parenting awards, but the vomiting stopped, so I am putting this in the positive column.
- Thanked a work colleague who annoys the heck out of me but who did do something helpful.
- Cleaned my office. Ok, this one is a stretch, but the piles had become frightening, and the longer I stayed away from them, the worse it got. The sight of my office no longer fills me with dread.
- Apologized for acting like being a jerk to my (non-sick) daughter after I lost my patience with her. See #1 for other reasons I won’t win any parenting awards.
- Gave money to Meals on Wheels, Heifer International, St Jude’s Children’s Hospital, and FINCA. Merry Christmas!
- Stopped working when I was tired. This isn’t something I always do, but I am sooooo glad I did.
- Read my kids a Christmas book even though I wanted to watch a Gilmore Girls rerun instead.
- Danced with my kids in the kitchen.
- Did a favor my daughter has been asking me to do for a while.
- Asked my kids to share three things they experienced during the day for which they were grateful. We try to do this every night, but sometimes forget. I love helping them focus on the good they already have, especially when they are bombarded with messages about things they don’t have but MUST ACQUIRE!
- Did not yell at my dog when she chewed up half the contents of the garbage. This may have been loving kindness, or just exhaustion.
- Sent a nice email to a friend I haven’t talked to in a while.
Thanks for pushing me in a positive direction, Virginia!